Monday, January 4, 2010

Assured, Secured Life

John 10:27-29 “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.” NIV


As we start on the new page of life, most people can’t help but wonder what could be in store for them this year. The past year has been at the same time eventful and tragic. We made histories, and there have been tragedies, and let us not forget the threat of disease. We so much want to expect and assure ourselves that this New Year holds great things for us and that life would be better, but the reality of life is that we don’t know what is ahead of us. We can never really tell what will happen this year. We can never really tell what’s in store for us. And not being able to tell what the year holds for us, the future holds for us, could be nerve-racking and stressful. But this doesn’t have to be. We don’t have to be stressed or worried not even a bit with what lies ahead, with things that we don’t know yet. In fact we should be optimistic and excited.

This year and all the years to come, holds a great promise for us. It is in the bible, it is written, it is in the Word of God, we are in His hands, we are in Jesus’ hands, He gave us eternal life, and that we will never perish, and no one, nothing could snatch us out from His hands. What place could be more secure and assuring than the hands of the Lord? None! The Lord God is the Creator of everything and of this world, He’s the Almighty, the Powerful, there’s no place safest, most assuring, and most secure but the hands of the Lord. What a great promise then to be in His hands! What an exciting expectation of the future! We “shall never perish”.

We may not know what the year holds for us, it doesn’t matter, Romans 8: 32 says “He who did not spare His own Son, but gave Him up for us all, how will He not also, along with Him, graciously give us all things”, Jeremiah 29:11 says, “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you, and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future” and in Matthew 6:32 says, “…your heavenly Father knows that you need them,” in Matthew 6:25-34 Jesus assures us not to worry of the things that we need because “our heavenly Father knows” what we need. “He did not spare His own Son”, in fact “He gave Him up for us all”, for us to be saved. Surely, He did not will us to be saved only to perish after. That is not the will of the Lord for us (Deutronomy 10:10).

There may be no way to tell what this year and the years to come hold for us, but we can be assured. The Word of the Lord endures forever, it cannot be broken, and it does not change. And it is in His Word that we are prepared of an assured and secured life this year and the many years to come.



Oh God, our dear Father,

With all our hearts,

With all our might,

With all our soul,

We are grateful,

You have loved us,

So greatly, so amazing,

There is nothing we should be worried of in this life,

Thank you,

Thank you Jesus,

Thank you Father,

Thank you Holy Spirit,

Thank you.

~*~



I will not be stressed,

Neither worry, not even just a bit,

I have My God, my faithful God,

It is written, it is in His Words,

He knows what I need,

He will not let me perish,

And he has great plans for me.

So I will not worry,

I will not be troubled,

I am assured,

I am secured,

I will just be fine,

For I am in Jesus’ hands,

I am

In the Father’s hand.

DiggThis Digg! Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: